At the International Clinical Symposium of the Cluster of Excellence Precision Medicine in Chronic Inflammation (PMI) 46 international experts discussed together with an audience (in person and online) of about 500 scientists the approaches for individual therapies for patients who suffer from chronic inflammation of skin, gut, joints and lung. In the beginning the speaker of the PMI and one of the directors of the IKMB: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Stefan Schreiber pointed out that recently there is good progress especially in the field of chronic inflammation.
Main topics were:
- Precision medicine for patients with chronic inflammation is now available at the clinics
- Targeted immune therapies – high effectiveness, less side effects
- New medications – higher demand for effectiveness
- The future: Therapy control via bio markers
- Success via interdisciplinary teamwork